Tuesday, June 14, 2005

This, I promise, is my only comment on this whole circus.

Today's headline in Slate is brilliant: "How Michael Jackson Got Off".

Inspired.

Apparently the big story now is which ratings pimp gets the first interview with the freaky one.

Want to see something truly worth watching? Forget Larry, Barbara, Rosie and the rest of them (Katie's busy). I vote for this guy. Or at a pinch, him.


Sorry - it wasn't my last comment after all. Thanks to Ken, here's last night's Letterman Top Ten List:

"Top Ten Things Overheard During The Michael Jackson Verdict".
10) "A celebrity acquitted in L.A.? Stunning."
9) "Of course he’s nervous, look how pale he is."
8) "Oh, finally, I can go back to my normal life of Ferris Wheels, pet monkeys and sleeping in oxygen chambers."
7) "No, I think he’ll do fine in prison."
6) "Are those tears of joy or are his cheek implants leaking?"
5) "Do you think this’ll be on the news tonight?"
4) "We the jury find the defendant creepy."
3) "Michael, good news – I just saved 15 percent on my car insurance by switching to Geico."
2) "I’m glad we live in a country where prison is reserved for dangerous outlaws like Martha Stewart."
1) "Another case of a white guy getting preferential treatment."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home