Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Google is now apparently the world's largest media organisation by market cap.

Nice rundown on PBS's Newshour looking at the future of News on Demand and how it affects local news outlets. All of those options are things we need to look at here.

Had dinner and drinks here the other night with Steven Clift and a bunch of like-minded folks to talk about civic engagement projects. A really interesting evening. Steve's organising a conference in Minneapolis next month which I'm going to try to get to, particularly since there's a chance to go here.

I have my annual review tomorrow morning with my head of department and was trying to do some last-minute improvements to the chapters I've submitted, when I get an email from my editors at Forbes pointing me to this story.

Want to write something? they said. OK, I said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home