Friday, June 17, 2005

Aw, what the hell, it's almost the weekend....

and.. this is just brilliant (I assume the CIA picked up on the coded message in the last sentence.)

Yeah, right....

And still in South Africa... I mean, who wouldn't be shocked?

The truly worrying thing is a) that whoever put this up for sale may also be able to purchase a handgun, and b) someone bought it.


Big Hat Tip, as always, with thanks for getting the weekend off to a flyer....


And from Dave's blog:

QUESTIONS

Can anybody explain why disc jockeys are considered to be musical artists? I mean, aren't they basically playing records? Why does that require more artistic skill than, say, operating a toaster? I can understand why the people who make recordings are considered musical artists. But why does the DJ get credit for playing them? Isn't that kind of like making photocopies of the Mona Lisa and claiming you're an artist? I honestly would appreciate an answer. Although I suspect the answer is: "Dave, you are 275 years old."

Update: After reading the comments -- some of which are quite thoughtful, for this blog, anyway -- I think I need to clarify something. I'm not talking about radio DJs, who are unpretentious about what they do (at least the ones I know are). I'm talking about people like this. And I admit I may be totally wrong, and they may be terrific musical artists. I just don't get why. (I know, I know: Because I am 275 years old.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home