Thursday, March 10, 2005

Am about to head to the airport to go here, and so have downloaded my reading material for the plane.

The latest report from the Pew folks is very timely and just the thing ahead of this weekend. I interviewed Michael Cornfield when I was in DC last summer and he was extremely helpful and just an all-round good guy. Here's his commentary on the report.


Was at a couple of really interesting events in London this week, organised by the Hansard Society and VoxPolitics.

One of the speakers at the first event was Neil Almond from Kikass who had some refreshing things to say about engagement and young people. I'll find out some more, probably give him a a call, and will write about it later, one way or another.

At the second event, I met up with Derek Wyatt MP who's chairman of the All Party Internet Group. Sharp guy, hope to talk with him some more when I get back from DC. Also chatted a bit with Ross Ferguson from the Hansard Society, who had written a good pamphlet last year called Political Blogs: Craze or Convention? .


At the paper, we had a planning meeting today for the election campaign. I could tell you what we discussed, but then I'd have to ....


Also managed to fit in a trip here to see Sarah Lee Guthrie - Woody's granddaughter. Pleasant enough, nice stories (as you'd expect, I guess; plays with her husband and a band - reminded me a bit of Gillian Welch and David Rawlings.

More from DC tomorrow. Thanks for the weather updates, Linda. As I say, I blame these guys...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home