Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Interesting story in TVGuide (yes, yes, I know that might sound like an oxymoron..) about CBS News and how the board sees its 'post-Dan' future.

Here's part of what Les Moonves is quoted as saying:

"What we're looking at is redefining the relationship with the people who are receiving the news," he said. "The Internet has changed that. I think there is a more personal connection [online], and I think we've got to do the same thing."

Uh-oh... sounds ominous. Watch for them to make a truly obscene offer to try to land this guy in a not-so-subtle effort to lower their average viewer age by twenty years.

And on the subject of CBS News, the 'transparency' of the Rathergate report seems to have backfired somewhat...


And, just to prove there really are some good guys left...

Well done, Malcolm! Thoroughly deserved.

I grew up reading the brilliant Mr Brodie's reporting in the Belfast Telegraph and the Ireland's Saturday Night. He also lives in the same street as my folks, but if truth be told, I suspect he really lives in the press box at Windsor Park.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home