Monday, November 14, 2005

Andrew Sullivan is moving his blog to Time Warner and is keen to point out he is retaining editorial control. As he puts it:

...The blogosphere is a lot bigger now; and the distinction between the mainstream media and the blogosphere is diminishing a little. I won't be a Time staffer; I will retain ownership of my URL - www.andrewsullivan.com. This is a lease, not a sale. It's possible that at some point in the future, the blog could move again (although I certainly hope to stay at Time indefinitely). Others will perhaps be better able to describe what this kind of deal means, if anything. I like to think of it as a moment when the blogosphere and the MSM made touchdown. We're distinct but more connected. Maybe others will follow; others still may stay where they are. Good for them. May a thousand bloggy flowers bloom. But this one will now get a real gardener to nurture it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home